Natural Stone Floor Cleaning Tips
Stone floors bring a natural beauty to your home’s aesthetics; however they do also require upkeep. Below we will share our top tips on cleaning your natural stone floor and maintaining its natural look.
Cleaning Natural Stone Floors
It is reasonably simple to keep your natural stone floors clean, if you regularly take these following steps then your natural stone floors really will shine.
Firstly, sweep or vacuum the floor to remove dirt particles. Then fill a bucket with 4.5L of warm water, you can then either just use the water or mix in recommended stone floor cleaner, neutral all purpose cleaner or dish soap.
Using a microfibre towel, dip it into the bucket and thoroughly ring it out, you can attach it to a mop handle or just use a regular mop.
Start in the outer corners of the room and work methodically towards the exit door.
Let floors air dry naturally and avoid walking on them until they are dry. This will leave your natural stone floors looking as good as new.
Natural Stone Floor Maintenance
There are preventative measures you can take to keep your natural stone floor in tip top condition and looking brand new for many years to come. Below are some of the best maintenance tips we can offer to help you keep your natural stone floor looking like new and in the best possible condition for many years.
· Use a sealant on your natural stone floors and make sure you keep on top of refreshing this.
· Immediately clean up any spills using a blotting technique
· Dust mop stone floors frequently
· Use non-slip mats and rugs to protect your stone floors
· Don’t clean up spills using a wiping motion as this will spread the mess
· Don’t use products that contain lemon juice, vinegar and other acids on marble, limestone or travertine. The acidity will mar the surface.
· Don’t use abrasive materials such as microfiber scrub pads, wire wool or other abrasive cleaners as these will definitely scratch the surface.
· Don’t use ammonia-based cleaners as they will dull the surface of your natural stone
If you don’t feel confident using these cleaning tips or you just simply don’t have the time then contact Rejuvenate Hard Floor Restoration and cleaning for natural stone floor cleaning and restoration services - 07811 589 243